2023 Diversity, Collaboration, and Inclusion Art Contest
"Fostering a Collaborative Community to Promote a Zion Community of Belonging"
Submissions accepted in 990 KMBL from February 1, 2023 through April 7, 2023.
The Diversity, Collaboration, and Inclusion Committee in the College of Family, Home, and Social Sciences is sponsoring its third annual art contest to help fulfill its mission to nurture a Zion community based on unity, respect, and charity toward all at BYU.
We hope you will internalize this year's theme of "Your Vision of a Zion Community" as you reflect on what it means to you and express those ideas through art. We look forward to gathering diverse perspectives on the theme.
>>VIEW A GALLERY OF 2021 ART CONTEST SUBMISSIONS
Contest submissions will be accepted from February 1, 2023–April 7, 2023. Contest rules and submission guidelines are as follows:
- Artist must be a student in the BYU College of Family, Home, and Social Sciences — whether major, minor, or graduate student.
- The artwork must be original and signed by the submitter.
- The art must be display-ready (e.g., frame or mount it).
- The entry may be any medium but must not be larger than 2’ x 3’.
- All submissions will become the property of the BYU College of Family, Home, and Social Sciences and may be displayed in College buildings.
- All art should be delivered to 990 KMBL during the submission period of February 1 through April 7, 2023 at 5 p.m. and must be accompanied by a completed submission form.
- Only one entry per student.
Entries will be judged by a panel of DCI committee members and staff representatives based on aesthetic merit and how well the piece reflects the theme. Awards will be dispersed as follows:
First Place: $500
Second Place: $300
Third Place: $200
All students in the College are encouraged to participate in this wonderful opportunity to reflect on the idea of fostering a Zion community at BYU. Submitted works will be displayed in the College to demonstrate our commitment to upholding principles of diversity and inclusion.
Please contact Niwako Yamawaki (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions related to the contest.