The DCI Classroom panel initiative seeks to build Zion by:
- Collaborating with faculty members to create inclusive academic environments where students of all backgrounds and experiences can succeed, thrive, and contribute;
- Helping students become informed citizens and thoughtful leaders who make our BYU community and the broader communities in which they live more just, equitable, happy, and inclusive; and
- Simply nurturing a Zion community--grounded in unity, mutual respect, and charity toward all.
The College of Family, Home, and Social Sciences DCI Committee currently offers panels representing individuals with the following experiences and backgrounds:
- Disabled students- learning, emotional, and/or mental
- Immigrant and/or International students
- Racial/Ethnic Minority students
- First-Generation college students
- LGBTQ/SSA individuals
You may choose one or multiple diverse groups to be represented in your classroom panel.
Panels for Fall 2022 are currently full. If you have any questions, or if you are interested in being put on a waiting list for when a slot opens up, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.